Will Grant, a workaholic surgeon at a busy trauma center, has dedicated his life to helping others. He's also a member of the Hippocrates Society, a group of Massachusetts's doctors who believe certain insurance corporations are ripping the heart out of medicine with immoral cost-cutting policies. As the Society wages a war of words, a killer is waging a war of vengeance by killing managed-care executives. Will soon finds himself a pawn in a deadly endgame of a dangerous zealot and a reluctant ally of rookie Detective Patty Moriarity, who's determined to tie Will to the killings.
28 available of 28 items
- Boston (Mass.) -- Fiction.
- Health insurance -- Corrupt practices -- Fiction.
- Managed care administrators -- Fiction.
- Managed care administrators -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Fiction.
- Massachusetts Medical Society -- Fiction.
- Physicians -- Fiction.
- Serial murderers -- Fiction.
- Surgeons -- Fiction.
ISBN: 0553802046 (hardcover)
Publisher, Date: New York, N.Y. : Bantam Books, c2004.
Description: x, 351 p. ; 25 cm.Link to PAC